HABS

HABS
HABS

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

     First I am going to say that people have to look at this hit with a little bit of objectivity, I know we get emotional when it gets to our beloved habs, I was the first one yesterday to get all emotional and in that state I was not able to give proper judgement on the hit, but after getting home, calming down and looking at the hit about 90 times with a clear head, this is my opinion.
       I’m fed up of hearing this thing of, if the hit would have been anywhere else on the ice, this wouldn’t have happened, no kidding, but it wasn’t, and Chara clearly was out to give a message to Pacioretty.

      With a game where the canadiens were completely dominating the bruins in every aspect of the game and leading them 4-0, I was scared something stupid was going to happen, but never thought it was going to be like this. Nobody is going to tell me the game being out of hand for the bruins and the fact Chara saw it was Pacioretty, is not a factor here.

       Now for the hit itself; when pacioretty chips the puck along the boards, he goes after it but doesn’t seem he is going to get it, cause Boychuck is already there closing in on it, but still Chara decides to go after Pacioretty and make a hit. The first couple of times I saw it in slow motion, I thought  he was just finishing his hit and the outcome was an unfortunate accident, but the more times I saw it from different angles the more I thought it was dirty and intentional, thanks to NHL Network and RDS for all the camera angles on the play. In the replay you clearly see that Chara
sees who the habs player is and extends his arm to Pacioretty’s head and shoves it straight into the partition. Even Chara himself said he knew the partition was there, so he just confirms that he knew exactly what he was doing. There is no excuse for what he did, plus after seeing the way he wanted to attack Pacioretty in the Feb 9th game when hamrlik came to the rescue, I knew right there and then Chara had unfinished business with Pacioretty, and that’s why I was scared of what he was going to do if the game got out of hand for Boston.  Frustration, revenge and recklessness was the reason for his actions no doubt about it. But that being said I don’t think he wanted to break his neck, but he definitely wanted to pass a message and get him out of the game.


         I am very disappointed in Patrice Bergeron’s comments after the game, I didn’t expect him to condemn teammate but after being victim of vicious hit himself he should have at least reclined to comment to not make himself look like a hypocrite. And as for Claude Julien’s comments I won’t even bother to write about it, because he is a classless imbecile and is not worth mention.

          As I’m writing these words I am hearing confirmation that Pacioretty has severe concussion and fractured vertebrae. That is not good news for Pacioretty. Hope he gets well soon and will not have long term effects from his injuries. Now the situation is in the league’s hands and I hope they take in consideration the history between both players and look at the replay as many times as I did, cause if they do there is no way they don’t come to the same conclusion, which is that Chara marks Pacioretty and decides to shove his head with his hand straight
into the partition. For me a 10-15 game suspension would be the ideal but I don’t think the league will give out a severe suspension.


      After all this, the great game the Habs played in the first 2 periods is an afterthought, but I would like to still point out that the canadiens showed, if they play their style, they can beat the Bruins anytime. They utilized there speed and
bruins couldn’t catch them, they  had 2 goals on the powerplay and 35 blocked shots, plus Carey Price was  determined to get the victory. Those 4 factors are what are going to bring the canadiens success in the playoffs. 


      Like I heard yesterday on twitter and I agreed, If I was Gauthier I would  call up Dawes to play with Gomez and Gionta
cause I don’t want to mess with the chemistry of other 3 lines, for once all the lines where producing and mixing those lines up while not be a good idea. Don’t get me wrong Dawes is no Pacioretty, but he has 33 goals in 53 games in
the AHL and he will be able with Gomez and gionta to produce in the NHL in my opinion.   


      With all that said, I’d like to wish a quick rehabilitation to Pacioretty and hope he will make a full recovery. My prayers are with his family. I just hope those Bruins fans can be objective and see that, that hit has no place in the NHL; neither
does that lack of respect for a fellow league member.

No comments:

Post a Comment